In the well-loved The Nutcracker, in Clara’s dream, the Sugar Plum Fairy welcomes her and the Nutracker to the Land of Sweets where a memorable parade of dancers greet them culminating in The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy! She is “not only a symbol of seasonal splendor and hope, but the symbol of childhood dreams!” – Dance Advantage.net.
Baum’s House of Chocolates in Kennewick is a traditional chocolate shop filled with: hand-made chocolates, candy, ice cream and specialty sodas where families can take a break and pick out a treat. I love taking my children there because there are so many colors, textures and flavors for them to try! Ok, ok, I actually love the milk chocolate and sea salt covered caramels for myself!
Baum’s House of Chocolates invites you to bring your family to meet the Sugar Plum Fairy Saturday, December 16th at 2 o’clock and enjoy a special sale of chocolate during her one hour visit to the shop: buy ONE POUND of chocolate and receive a HALF POUND free!
- When: Saturday, December 16th
- Time: 2 o’clock – 3 o’clock pm
- Baum’s: 513 N. Edison Street in Kennewick
I love working with Trixie Ortiz of YOUnique Event Designs on styled shoots. She brings organization to the creative process with beautiful inspiration boards and a clear vision of the art, color and creativity that will go into the shoot. I love the color palette she chose for the Sugar Plum Fairy and how she laid out the tablescape and backdrop details!
Baum’s House of Chocolates has decorated Christmas houses available as well as these oversized, imaginative lollipops! Local cookie artist Marla Rogers of Marla’s Cookie Co. designed these gorgeous Nutcracker themed cookies!
Our models –JaNessa Prewitt and Taylor Alton did a wonderful job portraying these whimsical characters! Desere on makeup added dreamy color that made them glow! Kourtney styled their hair with softness that speaks to the characters’ femininity and grace as well as their royalty.
YOUnique Event Designs is available for a variety of special events: weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, corporate events and more. She more from her portfolio at youniqueeventdesigns.com/blog and Instagram @youniqueeventdesigns.
Thank you to this wonderful creative team for bringing the Sugar Plum Fairy and her attendant to life in this beautiful, styled shoot! And especially to Photography by Manny Avila for his videography expertise. See more on Manny Avila YouTube, here.
The following local businesses are now booking in 2018 (read below for details):
- When in Tri-Cities, small business networker and magazine contributor. Assisted with inspiration, networking, costume and arranging event at Baum’s House of Chocolates. Instagram @whenintricities.
- Desere Dorran, makeup artist. Bridal, holidays and events, dezbeautyxo.com. Instagram @dezbeautyxo.
- JaNessa Prewitt, model and UCF Princess. Instagram @janessa_live_laugh_love_18.
- Kourtney Bailey, hair stylist based in Hermiston and available to travel. For appointments, call (541)571-3755. Instagram @hairbykourt.
- Manny Avila, visual storyteller specializing in wedding and portrait photography and videography, mannyavila.photography. Instagram @mannyavila.photography.vs.
- Marla Rogers, custom cookies and decorating classes. Currently on maternity leave. E-mail: MarlasCookieCo@yahoo.com. Instagram @marlascookieco.
- Taylor Alton, model. Instagram @tayloralton_.
- Trixie Ortiz, inspiration and set design. Wedding and event planning services at YOUnique Events and Design, youniqueeventdesigns.com/blog. Instagram @youniqueeventdesigns.
Special thanks also to April Moller for loaning some of her beautiful pink Christmas décor for this shoot and to Baum’s House of Chocolates, located next to Let’s Party on Edison in Kennewick.